The production base of “KUL” OOD has implemented and running 24 hours a day machine “Geko”, which serves for the recycling of fresh concrete with a capacity of 15 m3 per hour. The machine plays a fundamental role in the process of generating the waste mass in the production of concrete mixtures. The mass waste represents residual amounts of concrete solutions that are discarded on washing of concrete mixer machines and pumps after the execution of each delivery. Due to this machine, we managed to generate 100% of this waste back into production. The machine separates coarse aggregates from the cement solution, washing and taking them to dry, and then the same aggregates are being used as a raw material in the production. The dirty water / alkaline water / with a predominance of fine particles goes into a catchment pit. According to the current BDS EN 206:2013+A1:2016 и BDS EN 206:2013+A1:2016/NA:2017 and EN 1008 for the production of concrete mixtures and solutions a part of this water is used back into production.
The Company’s management has set the following targets for waste management:
- Reducing or limiting of the waste generation, according to its hazard degree;
- Environmentally-friendly waste treatment;
- Introducing a system of separate waste collection;
- Transmission of the waste for subsequent treatment to persons holding the relevant document under Article 12 of the Law on Waste Management;
- Provision of employees of the company with information on matters related to the proper management of waste;
- Improving the system for reporting and monitoring of waste activities as a precondition for proper assessment of the status and condition for making appropriate management decisions.